What to Pack and Things to do before your Safari.
- Laundry is done on a daily basis so you do not need to pack to much clothing.
- Casual/Comfortable wear for dinners, campfires or traveling between hunting areas
- Bush hat/cap
- Warm Sweater or Jacket (Early mornings / evenings)
- Four sets of hunting clothes- warm and cold conditions (olive, dark green gray etc. No light khaki, as animals can see light-colored clothing)Lightweight cotton, long-sleeved shirts, and long trousers are recommended for hunting as protection against thorns and the sun. Shorts and short-sleeved shirts are acceptable should you prefer.
- 2 Pairs of comfortable well-worn hunting boots
- Tennis shoes to relax in
- Several pairs of socks / underwear
- Rain Gear
- Gloves and warm head gear
- Camera, equipment and enough film if you still use a film camera. Otherwise just and additional memory card.
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Hunting Knife / Leatherman
- Binoculars (8x30 / 10x42)
- Ammo pouch and belt
- 80-100 rounds per caliber (Maximum of 200 rounds per rifle, or 11-lbs of the total weight of luggage.
- Rifle and hard case
- Soft gun case for traveling in hunting areas
- Copies of all-important documents
- Personal toiletries
- Personal/Special medical supplies
- Chap Stick
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher) and sunglasses
- Reading Material
- Journal to Wright in
What to do:
- Check your Passport Expiration date. You need four consecutive blank pages in it for South Africa. It is the responsibility of every client to check the Visa requirements to every country they wish to visit.
- Prescription medicine and any personal medicine
- If you are planning to use your credit card in South Africa, increase your daily limit and notify your credit card company/bank that you intend to travel to South Africa and supply them with dates etc. Know your credit card's pin number if you want to draw cash from an ATM.
- Consult with your personal insurance broker for travel insurance or try www.medjetassistance.com
- Insurance on your guns and equipment.
- Pack ammo separate from guns so that it can be reached easily for inspection.
DOCUMENTS TO BRING ALONG:
Firearm permits will be issued upon arrival at O.R. Tambo International Airport. Citizens of the USA must ensure that they are in possession of a complete signed UNITED STATES CUSTOMS FORM #. 4457, listing applicable firearms and serial numbers. This form is available at any USA Customs Office and will only be issued after a physical inspection of the firearms.Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Proof of Ownership of Rifle (US 4457) - US Citizens Only
- LIKHULU SAFARIS Invitation Letter
- Firearm Import Export Form (SAP 520)
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Plane Ticket
Note: Persons must be 21 years or older to bring firearms into south africa. Only 2
rifles of different caliber and i shotgun ALLOWED per hunter. (No semi or automatics)